call for papers
Multinational Alliance for the Advancement of Organisational Excellence
4th International Conference - Melbourne 2003
MAAOE was formed in 1998 by a multinational group with the intention of:
Creating knowledge and fostering a community
The Multinational Alliance for the Advancement of Organizational Excellence resulted from a meeting of approximately 25 leading academic researchers from various fields that was held at Colorado State University in November 1998. Individuals affiliating with MAAOE are multidisciplinary, but are focused on the Advancement of Society through Organizational Excellence. Among disciplines represented are: continuous quality improvement; statistics; industrial engineering; leadership & ethics; finance; economics; organizational behavior; marketing; and accounting.
- Reengineer the conceptualization of the practice and role of research in addressing issues of performance in the new economy.
- Be a vehicle for influence and setting of the agenda for proactive inquiry and strategy.
- Create a critical mass of cognition and exchange of ideas that provides a supporting community of scholarship and reflection.
- Establish a process forum and mechanism for interdisciplinary groups to systematically address emerging and needs for new thought models.
- Define the supporting constructs for professional learning and development for new and experienced researchers and practitioners concerned with organizational excellence.
- Build processes to insure not only the articulation of theory to practice, but to insure the utilization of theory in practice,, with appropriate feedback mechanisms to continue the influence of theory evolution. In addition, to systematically gather, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate what works and what does not, and disseminate that knowledge.
Strategic Plans of MAAOE
Strategic Plan I: Creation
Create and identify a critical mass of ideas and foster an international community of interdisciplinary scholarship focused on organizational excellence.
- Encourage the creation of theory and applied interdisciplinary research.
Identify creative ideas from current organizational practice for the study and dissemination of effective, ineffective and missing practices.
Foster the development of professional learning and development for new and experienced researchers and practitioners concerned with organizational excellence.
Strategic Plan II: Dissemination
To identify and prioritize knowledge of organizational excellence and disseminate it in an effective fashion to positively affect organizational practice.
To set in place and manage a process that identifies knowledge and issues relevant to organizational excellence.
To set in place and manage a process that prioritizes and organizes knowledge and issues relevant to organizational excellence.
To develop and manage vehicles to communicate knowledge of organizational excellence to scholars, practitioners, students, and other users in a usable form.
Strategic Plan III: Application
Build processes to insure the translation of theory to practice, and to insure and participate in the application of knowledge in practice.
Create partnerships with organizations to execute research opportunities in testing application of theory into excellence in organization practice.
Take a leadership role in the development and validation of models, methods, and meters for measurement of organizational performance.
Provide professional learning and development experiences related to operational excellence for executives, practitioners, and both new & experienced researchers.